Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back To The Allergies

So I thought this blog was supposed to be about our life with allergies?? Enough with the doom and gloom already! =)

Yesterday I had an appointment with an allergist for myself! Why? Well, because for the last 2-3 years I seem to have developed small patches of occasional eczema, asthma that started only with colds but now this spring has become more and more annoying, and also some symptoms to suggest I have developed environmental and/or seasonal allergies. The allergist was very thorough. He did a breathing test, skin prick test, and also an intradermal allergy test which confirmed my suspicions. Turns out I'm allergic to dustmites and tree pollen for sure, and possibly more that hasn't shown up yet. So now of course Shane knows he can totally blame me for all the kids allergies. That's okay, I know they get all their good traits from my side of the family too! =P


No comments: