Thursday, August 28, 2008

Allergy Friendly Cakes

---------------- Gluten-Free Wedding Cake------------------

I've been decorating cakes for about 15 years now. Through word-of-mouth I ended up getting calls for quite a few cakes over the years until I finally just didn't have the urge or ambition to do it any longer. However, about 6 months ago I decided that I would love to decorate cakes for children (or adults) with food allergies or other dietary restrictions because I know a lot of these kids don't get to experience what it's like to have a really cool decorated cake for their birthday celebration. Since then I have been asked to make a few gluten-free cakes and also several milk-free, egg-free, nut-free cakes. In fact I was just recently asked to make the small wedding cake pictured above for a bride-to-be and her daughter who need to avoid gluten products.
If you'd like to see some of my other cake creations, check out my online photo album at http://public.fotki.com/vah/!

No comments: