- At the end of April my husband and I decided to finally put our house up for sale and start looking for our dream house. Okay, maybe not "dream house" but we definitely needed more space for our boys. They had been sharing a bedroom their entire life and are now 12 and 15. It was time to move on! Luckily we found a house we absolutely love and our old house sold in just 2 weeks from putting it on the market! I really think it was all meant to be!
- In May Brody and I went to Washington DC for his sixth grade class trip. This was extremely stressful, especially amidst the process of selling/buying our house! I will definitely be posting more about preparing for the DC school trip with food allergies. Ay-ay-ay!!!
- In June we spent a week relaxing in Eagle River before the total chaos of packing up and moving to the new house would take place at the end of June/beginning of July.
- July consisted of settling in to our new house and loving every minute of it! :) My husband and I also started training for our first 5k run coming up in October. Very excited about this!
- August was quite a busy month. We helped out with the annual Food Allergy Awareness Walk hosted by the Food Allergy Association of Wisconsin, I met with Brody's new teachers for 7th grade to discuss food allergy symptoms and how/when to use an EpiPen, I started a new job, AND....Brody got braces! Again, this is definitely something I will be posting about separately as it certainly adds a whole new dimension to daily life with food allergies!
- And finally that brings us to September. Josh started Driver's Ed and just today he passed the test for his temps! Wow, I'm still not sure how I'm feeling about that! At one point in Josh's life we weren't even sure if he would ever be able to drive because of his vision, but here we are! We still don't know for sure if he will have a restricted or unrestricted licence, but at least he will have some independence with driving throughout his life! He's nervous, we're nervous...we'll just take it slow and see how it goes.
So, that's what I've been up to the past 5 months. I promise I will try to keep updating more often from here on out, but sometimes life just gets a little hectic and crazy!