Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recipe of the Week

We don't have to avoid gluten in our house, but I do work with a little boy who has autism and is on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet.  Last week was his birthday so I thought I'd make some safe sugar cookies to decorate with him!


Rice Flour Sugar Cookies (GF & DF)
3 cups rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup dairy-free margarine
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together to form dough.  Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.  Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.  Press down on each dough ball with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar to flatten.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on wire rack and then frost and decorate as desired!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great recipe! I'll have to try it. Is it brown rice flour or white? Or does it matter?

We are gluten free, among many other things, so this is helpful. Thanks.

AllergyMom said...

I used white rice flour, but I doubt it would matter. Enjoy!